Associates of the Incarnate Word
Being an Associate:
As Associates of he Incarnate Word, we identify ourselves with the Sisters of the Incarnate Word, their spirituality and charism. Together we:
- Remain faithful to our baptismal call in a special way, by seeking a deeper intimacy with the Incarnate Word:
- Grow, both personally and as a community, in the charism of the Order: to be an extension of the Incarnation and to draw others closer to God;
- Share our gifts in and for the church.
This unique relationship of Sisters and Associates provides a means for all to gather regularly in an effort to strengthen, support, and accept together the invitation to grow in our relationship with the Incarnate Word by witnessing to Jesus’ presence in our lives.
We devote our selves to regular prayer and study as we seek to listen better to God’s call, experience God’s love, and know God’s will in our lives. In this way, we can make God’s presence known more effectively.
As Associates of the Incarnate Word:
We respond to God’s Call by:
- Praising God, through Jesus, in union with the Holy Spirit, by living the Gospel in our lives;
- Furthering the Gospel message of love, justice, mercy, and peace through individual and community service in the spirit of the Beatitudes;
- Praying individually and communally;
- Growing in the charism and spirituality of Jeanne Chézard de Matel.